At City injury therapy we aim to get you back to full fitness or peak performance as quickly as possible.
We take an evidence informed approach to treatment following the latest research and techniques in the worlds of sports medicine and neuroscience.
What we believe:
- Prevention is better than cure, we will try give you the tools to help reduce the risk of injury
- Motion is the best lotion, exercise performed well is by far the best cure for the majority of injuries
- You may get issues in your tissues, but pain is in the brain. See some of our neuroscience and pain articles for more information about this.
What we do:
- Provide you with a diagnosis - we will tell you what\'s causing your problem
- Give you a prognosis - we will tell you how long it will take to get better
- Treat you as an individual - we will work with you to create an optimal treatment and rehabilitation programme based on your individual needs
How can osteopathy help with injuries?
Osteopathy takes a holistic view of the individual that helps to prevent and treat injuries. We consider your individual biomechanics, training patterns, nutrition and lifestyle factors. This, combined with the most up-to-date thinking on sports medicine and injuries, provides you with a new approach to managing those troublesome aches and pains that can impede training programmes and prevent your sporting goals being achieved.
What treatments are available?
Treatment plans are tailored in discussion with each individual client and draw from the following areas:
- Structural osteopathic techniques, including muscle energy techniques, joint articulation and manipulation
- Sports Massage to help remove by-products of exercise such as lactic acid from muscles.
- Western Medical acupuncture which uses acupuncture needles to release trigger points in muscles. One way to deal with muscle strains and long-term injuries
- Gait analysis that assesses the whole body to identify biomechanical factors that might cause injuries and providing advice on rectifying these through exercises and alternative footwear etc
- Rehabilitation plans discussed and agreed with you, to help you to recover faster and prevent future injuries. These frequently include recommendations for home exercises.
Who can benefit?
We provide advice and support for people who are seeking to prevent injuries as well as helping them recover as quickly as possible.